Tuesday, July 6, 2010

and away we go!!!!

so here goes nothing with this blog! i mean to tell you that this has been a learning experience! i always get a little aggravated with people who don't know how to do simple things on a computer (you know you do too!)but my, oh my....this one threw me for a loop. i was almost to the point that i just needed to pay someone to do it for me! sad, but oh, so true.

so what have i been up to on my summer break you ask?...........NOTHING! AND IT FEELS FABULOUS. :) i will be the first to admit that i do get a little stir crazy, which is probably why i thought this blog would be a good idea, but it has been good nonetheless.


mark and i went on a little expedition around california a few weeks ago and that was nothing but fun! let me tell you though, cali is COLD in the summer! personally, i am a fan of the hot weather, regardless of humidity. i don't know why....it's just in my blood. so when i walked out of the san francisco airport to a whopping 60 degrees, i was in shock! i could have worn my bathing suit on the flight and a snow suit off the flight. needless to say, my sweater was my best friend! we had a great time zooming around the city in our little volvo hard top convertible. mark was not thrilled with my references to him driving like edward cullen, but he soon got over it.





here's a picture of the speeding bullet!




i did love that car but let me tell you something....when your boyfriend has a lead foot, driving the pch from san francisco to l.a. is NOT good idea. i had to hold my head out the window for the 4+hour drive. not amusing! i think mark started feeling sorry for me because he started opting to let me get out and take pictures, aka get some fresh air. thank you lord! i have never been so car sick in all of my life! at the end of the big sur area, mark started to get a little woozy too! then he started opting to stop a little more frequently! :)




we also made the trip from san francisco to napa valley, which was so. so. beautiful.




i have always wanted to go and people, it did not disappoint. it was gorgeous. i will say that i was "wined out" after those 2 days though. i couldn't even think of having wine for dinner for the rest of our trip! if you ever make the trip, we ate at some fabulous places recommended to us by some of mark's customers. mustards was great, gott's roadside had great burgers and fabulous chicken tacos and rutherford grille was fabulous. best cornbread, yes cornbread! i have had in a lonnnnnnnng time! all in all....a blast.




we ended our trip in l.a.


we did a little tour of the hollywood stars sidewalk and the touristy things like that. fun yes, going back, probably not. i've had enough of that city for a little while. i'm taking my self back to the florida beaches where it is hot and the water isn't ice cold!


until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment